Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

MoH/Users on hold

I have a customer that doesn't want any MoH in their organization. So I removed MoH. When an internal user is placed on hold, they hear three soft beeps. But when an external user is placed on hold, they hear a tone that sounds like an error message.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
11 REPLIES
Blue

Re: MoH/Users on hold

be sure your gateways have no MOH configured for use.

it would be best to make sure all references to MOH are removed from devices, lines, gateways, etc.

I've removed all of the MoH stuff. Still doing it. IP phone to IP phone calls just hear a soft beep but external calls get three loud tones. The tones sound like the call is being disconnected.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Maybe check the device pools also to see if there is any reference to the MoH or resource groups/lists that contains MoH resources.

Also try this link:

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K21158879

Hope this helps! If so, please rate.

Kevin

Bronze

I am having a similar issue. When i place internal calls on hold I hear normal tone, but when i place pstn calls on hold i hear tones that almost sound like reordering tone. any ideas?

What version CM is this ? Any SRs ?

Have you tried restarting IP Voice streaming media service ?

Bronze

Thisisshanky,

This is CM 4.1(3) SR3c and I've alread tried resetting the IP VOice streaming media. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I would like to clarify a few things.

a. Do you have multicast MOH enabled ?

b. Is the PSTN gateway in question having a DP which does g729 with the MOH server ? I assume if thats the case you have the g729 service parameter enabled ?

c. If the g729 parameter is not enabled, i assume you have a transcoder in place, with the MOH server having access to that transcoder (MRGL in DP).

d. When you call in from the PSTN and put the pstn user on hold, you hear a reorder tone. Is this a continous reorder tone or a periodic tone ?

Bronze

I would like to clarify a few things.

a. Do you have multicast MOH enabled ?

- No I don't

b. Is the PSTN gateway in question having a DP which does g729 with the MOH server ? I assume if thats the case you have the g729 service parameter enabled ?

- There is no MoH Server configured

c. If the g729 parameter is not enabled, i assume you have a transcoder in place, with the MOH server having access to that transcoder (MRGL in DP).

- There is no MoH server configured

d. When you call in from the PSTN and put the pstn user on hold, you hear a reorder tone. Is this a continous reorder tone or a periodic tone ?

- It's a continuous reorder tone.

Ok, when you say no MOH configured, the Moh servers are in a MRG but not listed in the MRGLs of any of the devices correct?

Views
Helpful
Replies