cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH volume CM 4.1.3

getdan
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to lower the MOH volume in CM 4.1.3, it is very loud and distorted when calling in from the outside, internally it seems OK. I am using one of the standard MOH's supplied with CM...'High_Steppin'

7 Replies 7

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

This link may help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805997bc.shtml

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Try:

Under CCMAdmin|Service|Service Parameters|

MOH Audio Translator|Default MOH Volume Level*

This parameter specifies the default Music on Hold volume, in decibels (DB), that is used when the Cisco MOH Audio Translator service converts audio source files. Changes to this parameter ONLY affect audio files that are processed after the change occurs. The default of -24 decibels represents fairly low volume, and enables conference participants to talk over the music if a conference participant has placed the conference on hold (to answer a ringing call, for example). Note: Changes to this parameter automatically take effect within 60 seconds

HTH

//G

Does this apply for the "beeps" when a person is on hold?

tcat,

This setting should be set, before you convert the MOH file. So i dont think this will affect TOH.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

actually, the "beeps" are too loud apparently. And of course, end users do not know the difference between putting someone on hold in a conference call (then everyone hears the beeps" and using the conference bridge key sequence for mute.

So I can turn it down, it will not be over disruptive

thanks shakes

wow. winner winner.. chicken dinner on that good link! I will give it try

thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: