Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MOH with multiple song files?

Does anyone know if you can configure a MOH source to play through a "playlist" of files - our users want to change the songs more frequently - but compiling a full 60-minute MP3/WAV file to send to the translator once a week and then having to reset all the phones to have it take effect doesn't work real well (probably missing a subtler approach).

THought it would be nice to have more of a playlist mentality - obviously i could implement this with a fixed source audio feed and implement it with CDs on a changer or such - but I don't yet have the resources to add another CCM to handle that load :-/

Any ideas? :-)

Thanks!

- Ken

2 REPLIES

Re: MOH with multiple song files?

Ken -

OK - I may be missing the obvious too - but all we did was with our 1 call manager, added a sound card, an external cd player and set up the system to go to that music source instead of the MOH files - now when we get tired of the songs we change the cds - so what am I missing at your site?

Gerri

Re: MOH with multiple song files?

Well nothing other than doesn't that force your call manager to encode the music on the fly? The encoding process on our 78xx servers really chews up the CPU - admittendly I hadn't activated source 51 and tried it but I assume the on-the-fly encoding would add a good portion there - maybe not?

(Besides of course ideally it's nice to finally get away from having to burn our mix CDs like we do on our PBX - but that's not as critical :-)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content