cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH

derekl
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 2.46 TSP 3.02 and Call Manager 3.13a. I am setting a call to hold on a user line until that user hangs up. Everything works great, except the MOH cuts in and out. I am assuming Unity is checking phone status and this is why this is happening. Is there any way to tweak this or turn Call Manager MOH off for the Unity ports only?<br><br>

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

To the CallManager; a Unity port is just another phone. Unity does not check the status of the line rather CallManager tells Unity line status through Skinny protocol. I am not sure why you would be getting this cutting in and out. Do you get it with phones too? Anyway you can disable it for the Unity ports if you like. In CallManager; MOH can be enabled/disabled at the Global, Device Pool and Device level. The Unity ports can't be modified at the Device level however. To turn if off for the Unity ports you will need to put those ports in a Device Pool and turn it off for that specific Devise Pool.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

How do you turn off MOH on a device pool. I put "none" for audio source and I still get music on hold.

there is a system-wide MOH parameter under CallManager - default = 1

this is to play music for any device not configured

you can create a blank wave file and associate it to that device, we

did this for our conference phones - works

cheers