Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Monitoring a group of PRIs for "All Trunks Busy"

I have 5 PRIs spread across 2 3845 MGCP Gateways using CallManager 4.1(3). I have been given the requirement to produce a daily report of % time all trunks busy (all 115 channels simultaneously in use).

What would be the best/recommended way to fulfill the requirement?

2 REPLIES

Re: Monitoring a group of PRIs for "All Trunks Busy"

You can get this information from RTMT (Real-Time Monitoring Tool). If you've never installed the RTMT plugin, you can get it by going to Callmanager Administration -> Application -> Cisco Callmanager Serviceability -> Tools -> Real-Time Monitoring Tool. From within RTMT, click System -> Report Archives and choose the month and day that you want to look at. There is a report called Call Activities Report that will give you Active PRI channels for a given time period. The default retention rate for these reports is 7 days, but can be changed by going to Callmanager Administration -> Service -> Service Parameters. Choose your Publisher and Cisco Serviceability Reporter Service. Below is a link to some more information on RTMT including steps for setup and configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803fe70f.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Re: Monitoring a group of PRIs for "All Trunks Busy"

Thanks Brandon,

I looked at this, but it has two problems:

1) I have more PRIs than just the 5 I need to measure, so the aggregate amounts don't help.

2) I need to be fairly accurate as to the periods of time when the condition occurs

For example, I need to be able to say that for 7 March, 23 minutes was spent in the All Trunks Busy condition for this group of 5 PRIs. I need a way to separate this set of 5 PRIs from the total, then to be able to mark the start and end of any period of ATB.

I suppose I could log it in Perfmon, channel by channel...that is going to generate awfully large data files, since I'll have to have a column for every channel (115 total), probably recorded every 5 or 10 seconds.

I wish I could monitor on a route group level.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content