Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Monitoring Active Calls on Callmanager

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain a summary of all the active calls on a Callmanager and associated IP phones, similiar to the 'show call active voice' command on IOS gateways ?

The IOS command mentioned is very useful in troubleshooting a wide range of IP telephony issues, like codec selection, dial-peers and so on, but speaking of IP Phone to IP Phone calls we're out of luck.

The Real Time Monitoring tool doesn't seem to offer much in this regard. Also I tried polling SNMP variables doing a full SNMP walk on the Callmanager server and it seems to cover only the same configuration settings available under Callmanager Administration like regions, locations, an so on, but the "real time" information available with this tools is very limited.

I think this is one aspect were "Old World" PBXs still beat Cisco Callmanager. I have made some preliminary research about Callmanager 5.0 but so far haven't found anything like this yet.

I would appreciate any comments on this subject.

Regards.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Monitoring Active Calls on Callmanager

I don't think Callmanager provides that level of information in real time.

Check out this product.

http://www.syncvoice.com/solutions/overview/default.html

They did a demo to us sometime back, and if I remember right, they mentioned about seeing active calls in real time. This works by sniffing all packets and decoding voice signal and RTP packets and showing the data in real time.

Regards,

Anup

Views
Helpful
Replies