cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring Parked Calls?

sbray
Level 1
Level 1

Problem: Receptionist parks a call and doesn't know if the call is ever picked up unless the call park timeout is reached and rings her back.

Solution: Some way of monitoring all the parked calls.

How could you do this, there has to be a way. Big disadvantage if not.

5 Replies 5

gaurban
Level 1
Level 1

I definately agree, we have not found a way to monitor what calls are parked, let alone where. Nothing quite like going through each parked number looking for the your call, and then accidently disconnecting it because you get in a grove dialing them. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated

Gerri

I do not know of a way to currently do this with Cisco CallManager. At the last company I worked we had another vendors PBX solution and we parked calls and you had the same problem, so I am not sure if anyone has come up with a way to solve this problem yet.

Just my $.02,

-Mckee

Good question asked. Would definitely be a feature that we would like to utilize internally here at our offices. Currently we are transitioning into our IP Telephony gear out of our existing LEGACY emphasis on the legacy PBX system which in fact does actually have led buttons on all the handsets for the 3 call parks that are configured.

just thought i'd add to michael's $0.02.

cheers

droessler
Level 1
Level 1

What about trying to use the expansion module for the 7960 phone? I believe it is the 7914. I believe the 7914 shows line state by indicating a green light next to one of the buttons (it can have up to 14 on one module). Maybe assign the call park numbers to some of the speed dial buttons on the 7914.... Also, Cisco should upgrade WebAttendant to show call park status, but they havent added it yet..

Since the parked calls aren't actually an extension, you wouldn't be able to do that, I had already tried creating a phantom extension, but that didn't work either.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: