Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Monitoring RTP priority

How can i check whether IP RTP priority for Voice is working on a serial interface and how do i moniter it's performance ??

Regs\\

Simon

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Monitoring RTP priority

You can use QDM, its a web-based configuration/monitoring tool for the router, you download it from Cisco for free (sorry dont know the link, have a search on CCO) then put it onto your routers flash (check requirements first) then you can browse to the router and watch all the queuing techniques set-up on your router, its a pretty nifty tool, worth a look.

Gary

Community Member

Keep in mind IP RTP priority is activated on an on-demand basis so unless there is congestion you will not have it activated. One way to check is to look at the output of "show queue interface serial [slot#/port#])" when there is congestion or when you have a large ftp ping between 2 routers. the output will show which "conversation" is prioritized and it should be voice, as you can tell from the port range. It will be dynamic. The best way to determine whether it works is ofcourse if you have any choppy or poor voice quality during congestion times.

Hope this helps.

Community Member

I use access-lists to key on the RTP packets - so I do a "sh access-list 100" to see if packets are hitting agains the ACL. (mine is numbered 100, obviously). For the example below I guarantee 600 kbs on the link.

My router statements and ACL:

class-map match-all voip-rtp

match access-group 100

policy-map qos-policy

class voip-rtp

priority 600

access-list 100 permit ip any any dscp ef

access-list 100 permit ip any any precedence critical

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content