cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

More VMO issues

bdesser
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running Unity 3.14 in a failover environment, with Exchange 2000 off box. The clients are all outlook 2000, running on windows 2000. VMO is 3.13, and Call manager is 3.22c spE

I've currently got the first 3 of 25 offices installed with about 600 users so far and am having a recurring problem with VMO. In each office, about 5 percent of the users have outlook problems after VMO is installed. The problem is that when a user starts outlook, it appears to hang on the logo screen. On some machines after an extended period of time (up to 25 minutes) the inbox displays and things will function ok, in most of the other situations outlook will never load unless the process is terminated, and restarted. After the restart, an error occasionally occurs indicating TfXExt32.dll will not load is given and things appear to work fine, with the exception that the VMO items under tools and options menus do not appear.

I have tried with no success:

- Unloading then reinstalling VMO

- Blowing away all VMO files and registry entries per Cisco tech notes and reinstalling

- Stopping virus protection

- Rebuilding the outlook profile

- just about anything else I could thing of

The mailbox is always good because it can be used on the machines that are functioning well with outlook/VMO.

There are only two ways that I have found to clear the problem.

1) Go into the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions key and delete the Viewmail Extension entry. - Which works fine except it removes all of the entries under the tools and options menus.

2) Reload all software on the machine. - Which has its own issues.

All other users function fine in all other ways.

Any ideas?

thanks

3 Replies 3

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

Are your users attempting to access Outlook by using the Citrix client to connect to another machine? I've seen errors with that dll in that situation.

adam

No, just plain old Outlook.

I'm having almost the same problem, except that outlook "goes out to lunch" periodically during the day... it actually locks up to the point where I have to forcibley kill outlook and restart.

Any ideas?

-J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: