I am currently running Unity 3.14 in a failover environment, with Exchange 2000 off box. The clients are all outlook 2000, running on windows 2000. VMO is 3.13, and Call manager is 3.22c spE
I've currently got the first 3 of 25 offices installed with about 600 users so far and am having a recurring problem with VMO. In each office, about 5 percent of the users have outlook problems after VMO is installed. The problem is that when a user starts outlook, it appears to hang on the logo screen. On some machines after an extended period of time (up to 25 minutes) the inbox displays and things will function ok, in most of the other situations outlook will never load unless the process is terminated, and restarted. After the restart, an error occasionally occurs indicating TfXExt32.dll will not load is given and things appear to work fine, with the exception that the VMO items under tools and options menus do not appear.
I have tried with no success:
- Unloading then reinstalling VMO
- Blowing away all VMO files and registry entries per Cisco tech notes and reinstalling
- Stopping virus protection
- Rebuilding the outlook profile
- just about anything else I could thing of
The mailbox is always good because it can be used on the machines that are functioning well with outlook/VMO.
There are only two ways that I have found to clear the problem.
1) Go into the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions key and delete the Viewmail Extension entry. - Which works fine except it removes all of the entries under the tools and options menus.
2) Reload all software on the machine. - Which has its own issues.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...