cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Move mailbox to a different container

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I need to move a users mailbox to a different recipents container on the same server and have found some utilities which will do so. Will this cause any problems with Unity?<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

can't say for sure without a little testing but this will almost certainly cause problems. Unity uses the ObjectID as our unique identifier for all objects in the directory for Exchange 5.5. This is basically the distinguished name of the user with an object type tacked on the front... which includes LDAP path to the folder they're in. If you move folders, this reference may not be valid any longer.

I'm unsure if this tool will "touch" the distinguished name (I can't imagine since Exchange uses that as it's DL membership references and a lot of other things as well) or not.

Short story - I'm curious to know if it works but I'm kinda doubtful it will. Try moving a test subscriber and seeing how it works out. If it flies, let us know since I know several other folks out here have inquired about tools to do just this type of thing.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)