Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Move unity boxes from one domain to another.

Here is the scenario. I installed Unity and Exchange on a single box to test out the capabilities of Unity and Unified Messaging. This was all integrated into a separate Active Directory domain. Since then I have added several people to it for testing. Now I have purchased the full licensed version of unity and UM I want to setup a new box to work with the existing Active Directory domain here at the home office. I could recreate the accounts but I would rather just move the messages and the subscribe greetings and mail box info to the new machine. What utility do they make to do this?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Move unity boxes from one domain to another.

Assuming you're at a 3.1(x) or later version of Unity you can use the Distaster Recovery Tools (DiRT) - the latest can be found here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DisasterRecoveryTools.htm

You'll also find help files and a training video out there - I strongly reccomend you take the time to go through that material so you understand how it works - in particular how accounts are searched for, bound to and/or created on the fly when doing the restore.

Views
Helpful
Replies