Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Moving 7935 and Voice Vlan

Users are moving 7935 IP Conference Stations around the building. Since they don't support Voice VLANs they aren't working unless the port is hardcoded to acces vlan 2. Only Voice VLAN 2 has DHCP Option 150 setup.

Anyone know when 7935s will support Voice VLANs. For now we are telling users they can't pickup 7935s and move them anywhere.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Moving 7935 and Voice Vlan

I'm running ccm 3.13a SPD and my 7935's work just fine with auxillary vlans. Hope this helps.

Re: Moving 7935 and Voice Vlan

Hi, there is a TAC article about this:

http://ap1-sjc-001.cisco.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=86,E=0000000000001764637,K=1952,Sxi=16,Case=obj(1569)

If that link doesn't work, then the summary is:

Because the 7935 IP Conference Phone has no 10/100 port to connect a PC to like other 7900 Series IP Phones do, the concept of Voice or Auxiliary VLAN does not directly apply and can cause problems. To avoid potential problems, simply remove references to Voice VLAN or Auxiliary VLAN from the port on the switch that the 7935 connects to, and put that port in the VLAN whose number corresponds with that of the Voice VLAN.

However, like a previous poster (hey mike!) said, in CM 3.13a SPD, this doesn't seem to be a problem. I have been able to move them around without incident.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.