cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving Exchange 2000 Databases from local storage to a SAN

emlee
Level 1
Level 1

Does Unity care? Right now I'm using Unity 3.14 and it's a Exchange 2K integration.

We're moving the Exchange databases from the local hard drives onto a SAN and I'm wondering if this will break Unity or if I just need to turn Unity off during the move???

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity wont care if you're moving the message store to a storage farm... we're gaining access to the mailstore via MAPI and the Exchange interface will insulate us from that...

Even if you move users around to other storage groups on other Exchange servers in the routing group, Unity will "follow" the user's mailboxes around... when we attempt to log into a mailbox and it fails, we back out and ask AD where this guy's mailbox is now and then log in again. So the first time a user logs in over the phone there may be a bit of a delay while this happens but other than that you wouldn't notice an issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: