Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

moving mailboxes

Hi,<br><br>I have Unity 2.4.6 and all the Exchange servers are in one site. I need to move several users' mailboxes from one Exchange server to another. <br><br>I know the best solution is to shut down and restart Unity so I can avoid confusing Unity for the locations of these moved mailboxes. But I need to keep Unity up for other users during the mailbox move. <br><br>If these users are logged out of Outlook before their mailboxes are moved, is it good enough? Or do I still need to contact Cisco TAC so I can use the utility/tool to force the users' logoff?<br><br>Thanks.<br><br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: moving mailboxes

The issue is Unity is logged into everyone's mailbox all the time monitoring for changes that will require an MWI event or a notification dialout and the like. Exchange 5.5 doesn't deal with this very well and it can cause problems.

You can use the BulkLogout tool off my web page to force Unity to log out of these boxes, move them in Exchange and then log them back in again when you're done. You can also use DOHPropTest to do this one mailbox at a time but logging folks back in again requires you go to the SA and use the "resync lamp" button on that user's account... it's a bit tedious. QA has tested the BulkLogout tool recently and it passed fine, I'd reccomend going that route.

Exchange 2000, by the way, fixes this issue (finally!) so for Unity 3.0 this will no longer be a concern unless you're using Exchange 5.5 as your back end.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content