cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving Unity from test environment to live environment

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

I have been testing Unity v 3.x in a test environment with a server containing both NT4 PDC and Exchange 5.5. The system seem to be working fine. However I need to migrate Unity to a live environment with separate NT4 PDC and Exchange 5.5. The live environment will have the same domain name as the test environment. Is there any documentations covering this kind of migration? Do I need to run the configuration setup again? What about the test subscribers that I created in the test environment but still remain on Unity?

1 Reply 1

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

Are you planning to rebuild the Unity box completely, or just unplug it from the wall, walk it down the hall, and plug it back in to the real network? Your subscribers will still exist in Unity, but the actual mailboxes will be missing if you do the latter. I do suggest uninstalling the "Unity Configuration" from the Add/Remove Programs control panel, and then rerun the configuration setup when you've moved the box to its new location. Otherwise, with the names of everything being the same, there *shouldn't* be any other problems (although name resolution may be an issue if the name/ip address mappings in DNS or netbios are different).

adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: