Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Moving Unity's default E2K (off-box to off-box)

Ok - I know the answer to this question has been answered before (I'm pretty sure) but I can't find it :-/

We recently brought up a new Exchange 2000 server ("RACHAEL") to replace our existing off-box E2K server ("TIFB2") which was the server unity was configured to point to.

Currently they are both running - and Unity is working fine. However - we have finished migrating boxes to RACHAEL and are wanting to make preparations to shut down TIFB2.

Is the way to do this with Unity to re-run the second part of setup again? (If so where is that executable? I always forget when it's not on the desktop :-) Or is there a better way to go about it (wasn't sure if direct registry changes were possible but certainly didn't want to go mucking about without supported directions).

Thanks!

- Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Moving Unity's default E2K (off-box to off-box)

If you are at 3.1.5, moving Unity's E2K connection to another E2K connection is pretty simple CSCdw58477 addressed this in 3.1.5, and there's a blurb about it in the release notes...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/rel_note/cu315rn.htm#xtocid117

To change the connected Exchange server, run \Commserver\ConfigurationSetup\Setup.exe

There will be a wizard-like setup that will walk you through connecting to another Exchange server.

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Which version of Unity are you at? 3.1(5)? If so you can do this in one step using the configuration setup. This is mentioned in the release notes for 3.1(5) here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/rel_note/cu315rn.htm#xtocid57

If you're using an older version there are manual steps involved... I can go digging for the thread.

Ah yes - sorry, 3.1.5 :-) Always forget to include all the info... :-)

Cisco Employee

If you are at 3.1.5, moving Unity's E2K connection to another E2K connection is pretty simple CSCdw58477 addressed this in 3.1.5, and there's a blurb about it in the release notes...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/rel_note/cu315rn.htm#xtocid117

To change the connected Exchange server, run \Commserver\ConfigurationSetup\Setup.exe

There will be a wizard-like setup that will walk you through connecting to another Exchange server.

Thanks very much! That worked like a champ! (Or I assume it did - the wizard looked great :-) I wil find out when I kill the old E2K server - thanks!!

- Ken

Ken Johnson

LeTourneau University

----------------------------------------------

CIPTUG

Cisco IP Telephony Users Group

http://www.ciptug.org

The only part that is missing from the directions about moving the default message store is that a reboot of the Unity server is necessary, not just re-starting the unity services after re-running setup.

Cisco Employee

A reboot is not always necessary; I've done this several times ( although in a nice clean, happy lab) without a reboot. However, depending upon the domain structure (especially relating to the location of Unity's DC and GC) AD replication may have to happen before Unity can successfully "move" it's connected mail store from one server to another. If the Exchange servers traverse Domains, the time in between connecting from one to another is even longer.

However, a reboot after the procedure is never a bad idea.

What is the procedure or manual procedure if you are running Unity 3.1.3 or something earlier than Unity 3.1.5? Did you find the thread? Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies