Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

msc.tar file not found?

We are planning on upgrading our callmanager server (running version 3.0(11)) currently we are moving to 3.0(12). However in advance of this I have been investigating the backup routine on the server, the msc backup utility appears to be backing up the callmanager data to the tape okay but a catalog of the tape reveals no msc.tar file and nor does a search of the files/folders on the call manager server itself. This is all a litle confusing to me as everthing I have read on this says that be default callmanager backs everything up into a single file?

can someone clarify my almost certain stupidity, but be gentle I have had about two weeks exposure to the phone system here and am a rookie in the etreme.

also if anyone can fill me in on the easiest way to do a test restore or some other way of verifying the backup I would be grateful

ta

Pete

1 REPLY

Re: msc.tar file not found?

I think I may have solved part one of my problem already, it looks as though when you backup to tape then the mcs.tar/sti file is not used it just backs up all relevant individual files.

hopefully someone will confirm that and give some info about a test restore.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content