cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

msc.tar file not found?

pmsbony
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning on upgrading our callmanager server (running version 3.0(11)) currently we are moving to 3.0(12). However in advance of this I have been investigating the backup routine on the server, the msc backup utility appears to be backing up the callmanager data to the tape okay but a catalog of the tape reveals no msc.tar file and nor does a search of the files/folders on the call manager server itself. This is all a litle confusing to me as everthing I have read on this says that be default callmanager backs everything up into a single file?

can someone clarify my almost certain stupidity, but be gentle I have had about two weeks exposure to the phone system here and am a rookie in the etreme.

also if anyone can fill me in on the easiest way to do a test restore or some other way of verifying the backup I would be grateful

ta

Pete

1 Reply 1

pmsbony
Level 1
Level 1

I think I may have solved part one of my problem already, it looks as though when you backup to tape then the mcs.tar/sti file is not used it just backs up all relevant individual files.

hopefully someone will confirm that and give some info about a test restore.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: