Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MSDE to SQL upgrade

Hi, has anyone done upgrade that would exceed 32 sessions limit and require an upgrade of MSDE to MS SQL Server? Does this go smoothly or requires a complete reinstall of the system?

If I desire, can I trick the installation utility and enter the number of ports greater then I actually am going to use now, so that I install MS SQL server initially and won't have to upgrade the system later on?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: MSDE to SQL upgrade

Check out the draft of the modifying and upgrade guide for Unity here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Documents/Cisco%20Unity%20Modification%20and%20Upgrade%20Guide%20(With%20Microsoft%20Exchange).pdf

There's a chapter in there titled "Upgrading from MSDE 2000 to SQL 2000" that details what you need to do here.

While I'd love to tell you how to "trick" the install into putting SQL 2000 on and violating your license agreement (the cost of the full SQL 2000 and it's license is included in systems that are ported at more than 32), I'll refrain ;->

Re: MSDE to SQL upgrade

Thanks a lot for the link. I understand the licensing issue now. I thought it was pure processing power issue :)

Views
Helpful
Replies