Views
Helpful
Replies

msg cut off in the mid

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Background

Unity3.15/Exchange 55 offbox with Dialogic D/120JCT-LS card connecting to NEC2000 PBX.

Problem discription:

voice message cut off in the mid when caller leaves a message, but the caller doesn't know actually it happens. Caller just feels the line is very quiet.

We think this is not caused by silence detection, normally if Unity detects silence it should prompt the caller with msg address option, not disconnect the line.

I searched this forum and found couple similar posts but no solution. Can Cisco Unity team take a look for me?If need, I can post some event view or trace.

Thanks

Shouyi

6 Replies 6

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Was LearnTones run on the system? There's a bug in the way LearnTones saves disconnect tone definitions that's been popping up with similar symptoms at some Dialogic sites. CSCdz72630

No, I haven't run this utility yet.

Ok, that rules out that one then. Also, I agree with your analysis that this is not related to silence detect. Most likely the calls are dropped because Dialogic is detecting what it believes to be a disconnect event from the PBX. A TAC engineer should be able to confirm this with MiuGeneral 12 and 16 diags. Unfortunately, there's nothing passed through TAPI to Unity that will tell us exactly what sort of event Dialogic thinks it is seeing.

The two main possibilities are a break in loop current or a disconnect tone. Since your NEAX2000 is probably signaling real disconnects with loop current breaks (can you verify this?), you can crank down on the Dialogic's generic disconnect tone definitions without adverse effect. This will reduce the chance of false detects. Here is a common method fo doing this...

- Verify the file name for your active switch file. Probably is NEC00013.INI (look in the registry at HKLM > SOFTWARE > Active Voice > MIU > 1.0 > Initialization > Switch 0 > Switch Configuration File)

- locate your active switch file in the \CommServer\Intlib folder and open it with notepad

- paste the follow tone definitions to the bottom of the file (standard US reorder tone and dial tone).

[Switch Disconnect Tone]

Frequency1=480

FrequencyDeviation1=100

Frequency2=620

FrequencyDeviation2=100

TimeOn1=250

TimeOnDeviation1=60

TimeOff1=250

TimeOffDeviation1=60

Cycles=8

[CO Disconnect Tone]

Frequency1=350

FrequencyDeviation1=100

Frequency2=440

FrequencyDeviation2=100

TimeOn1=4000

- save the changes and restart Unity

Thanks a lot. I'll co-ordinate with my cusomter and have a try.

My customer concered whether it'll have any side effect. If something goes wrong by doing this, can I just reedit this INI file and go back to original?

Thanks

Certainly. It just takes another restart of Unity to go back to the old file. You could even keep a backup copy of the original file. If you do, I recommend putting it in a different folder or subfolder to avoid confusion. Something like, \commserver\intlib\backupfiles\

Also, you could open a TAC case and have them help you through it.

Regards,

Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: