cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Msg notification

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I'm using CM 3.08 and Unity 2.4.6.135 - I can use msg notification to call a pager and it will work everytime, but I can not get Unity to call a phone - land or cell line. What should be different? I would think if the outcalling to an external pager will work, why won't it work to an external land or cell line? Thanks in advance.<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

Yeah, you're correct. If it can call an external pager, it should be able to call an external cell phone. There's a couple of things I would try to start: 1) place a phone into the same calling search space as the Unity port(s) that is programmed for enabled message notification delivery. Then call the exact number that Unity is trying to call. Can he number be called? 2) change the destination address of the cell phone's number to be an internal IP phone (just for testing). Does this delivery work?

Depending upon the results of these tests we should be able to figure out where the problem is, Unity or CallManager.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

All Unity ports not in a CSS or in the default - however you want to say it. What I have discovered is that if you setup a notification as a pager and have it call the cell number, it will work everytime. But if I setup as a phone and have it call the same number, it never tries to make the call. I was monitoring this through the isdn debugs on my gateway router. Looks like a problem or bug in the "phone" portion of Unity?

Not applicable

I'd be reluctant to say that Unity never tried to make the call based off of GW debugs. I'd rather look at Unity debugs to see what happens. At any rate, what about the second test I recommended, what happens if it tries to deliver to an internal phone?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

It will not work unless the internal phone is setup as a pager. I have not gotten any calls through when they have been setup as a "phone" - internal or external. But they will work everytime setup as a "pager".

Not applicable

I noticed that "only if urgent" is NOT checked by default on pager notification, but IS checked when doing home or work phone delivery. Make sure that this setting is set correctly.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Steve - that was it. I never thought to check that, but then again I would never of thought there would have been a difference between the two. Thanks for all the help.