cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Msg Notification

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

On 2.46.102, Msg notification to pager. When set to repeat notification, unity pages immediately and then again two minutes later, then finally uses the time set for. No delay in initial notification. Looks like a bug? or is there something else I am missing? I duplicated this with different subscribers.<br><br>schois

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

I'm looking at your post and my Unity SA and I'm having trouble figuring out what you're seeing... can you explain what you want to happen and what's happening? It could very well be a bug, I just don't know what's going wrong for you!

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Subscriber\Msg Notification. At the bottom, Notification Options: Send after how many min.=0 Select Repeat notif. after this many minutes = 10 min.
With this setting, I will get paged immediately after msg arrives, then 2 min later, finally 10min after the second page. I would expect a page immediately, then 10 min later the next one and thereafter.

schois

Not applicable

Actually, I remember having a discussion about this logic with the engineer that made it... I believe that when you stick in 10 minutes it breaks the hour into 10 minute chunks and does the next notification when the next chunk comes around. For instance in your case that would be 1pm, 1:10, 1:20, 1:30 etc... if the message came in at 1:18 you'd get a call right away, then at 1:20 then every 10 minutes afterwards.

yeah... that does seem a bit odd. I can't recall for the life of me what the logic was behind it but I'm guessing it was easier to implement that way rather than keeping track of the last time a notification went out for that particular device. Instead it just wakes up at the appropriate time boundary and checks for work to be done.

you can test this out real quick by noting the time on the Unity server when you leave your test message. I'm reasonably sure this is the case.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)