cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSMQ Error in Event Viewer

tmaurello_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of building a new Unity 3.1.5 server that will be used as the target in a DiRT restore. I have followed the instructions, to the letter. The only step that I have not done is Configuration Setup to connect to the Exchange server. This will be performed as soon as I take the original server off-line and disconnect it from Exchange. I have the following two events in the Event Log.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: MSMQ

Event Category: Kernel

Event ID: 2124

Date: 12/6/2002

Time: 12:58:36 PM

User: N/A

Computer: WOBUVM01

Description:

Message Queuing was unable to join the local Windows 2000 domain. Hresult- c00e0075h

Event Type: Error

Event Source: MSMQ

Event Category: Kernel

Event ID: 2121

Date: 12/6/2002

Time: 12:58:36 PM

User: N/A

Computer: WOBUVM01

Description:

Unable to complete Message Queuing Setup. Hresult- c00e0075h

These events occur once after the system is started. The Message Queuing service has a status of "Started". The first message states that it cannot join a Windows 2000 domain. I am running in a Windows NT4 domain. In addition, once I restore Unity to this server, I will be building the old Unity server in a failover configuration. There are no plans to move to Win2K AD at this point.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For the way that Unity uses MSMQ, this is totally benign. Here's a description and how to get rid of it...

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?app=ParseEvent&eventid=2124%20&source=MSMQ%20&type=Error

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For the way that Unity uses MSMQ, this is totally benign. Here's a description and how to get rid of it...

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?app=ParseEvent&eventid=2124%20&source=MSMQ%20&type=Error

Thanks for the clarification and the link to the registry hack to get rid of the message.