Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Mssg: The caller has hung up

Hi,

I'm running cm 3.2(3)-sr2 and unity 3.1.5.

Users have been complaining that they are getting quite a few mssgs, that when they try and listen to, are simply playing a recorded message telling them that 'the caller has hung up'.

Admittedly, this is fine, because the callers are indeed hanging up somewhere along the line, rather than leaving a mssg, and genuine voicemails are being left and retrieved ok.

However, my customer doesn't want these mssgs to play, i.e is there a way to stop these mssgs being played back to users if the caller has simply hung up?

Thanks

Azam

4 REPLIES

Re: Mssg: The caller has hung up

Hello -

Here is an adjustment that worked for us - same Unity version as you:

In Unity SA, go to Configuration - then to Recordings. We modified the "During a recording

Discard any recording less than, in seconds: 1" The recommended value is 3, but we found the 1 value results in less messages to subscribers when callers simply hang up.

Regards, Ginger

Hi,

We already have the value set to 1.

The problem seems to be the recorded mssg that is left stating that 'the caller has hung up'.

This may well be a telco generated mssg and not unity.

Thanks for your input though.

Regards

Azam

Cisco Employee

Unity doesn't have any prompts that say that so I'm guessing you're right about it being generated externally to us.

Thanks for confirming that.

I'm going to look at some traces from the CM to try and identify the source(s), and speak to the telco regarding the message.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content