Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MTP check box when cme integrates with ccm

I am reading a document abour cme and ccm integration.The following step indicates that we need to check MTP.

-------------------------------------

Step 3 Ensure that the CiscoCallManager network uses a media termination point (MTP). The MTP is required to provide DSP resources for transcoding and for sending and receiving G.729 calls to the Cisco CME 3.1 system. All media streams between Cisco CallManager and Cisco CME 3.1 must pass through the MTP because Cisco CME 3.1 does not support transcoding.

---------------------------------------

Questions:

1. So it means that if I use g729 on the wan between cme and ccm, I must check this one?

2. If I don't need transcode, i can uncheck this box right?

3. I notice as soon as check the box, call transfer button not work on ccm phone. Is this a bug or supposed to be?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: MTP check box when cme integrates with ccm

Restrictions on CME

* Cisco CallManager must use a media termination point (MTP), intercluster trunk (ICT) mode, and slow start.

* Codecs on all the VoIP dial peers of the H.450 tandem gateway must be the same.

* Only one codec type is supported in the VoIP network at a time, and there are only two codec choices: G.711 (A-law or

mu-law) or G.729.

* Transcoding is not supported.

* Codec renegotiation is not supported. For example, if an H.323 call that uses a G.729 codec is received by a Cisco CME system and is forwarded to a voice-mail system that requires a G.711 codec, the codec cannot be renegotiated from G.729 to G.711.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content