Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multi-site Operator Fallback

Hello all,

Looks like I am asking more questions that giving answers these days! LOL. Thanks to everyone putting any effort to answering these questions. As always, all replies will be rated

Here is the scenario. Hub and spoke design of Call Manager4.1. When there is no answer/busy at a spoke site customer wants calls to roll over to second line at spoke site and continue to ring BUT wants to start ringing a line at the central site. This call then follows no answer/busy rules of spoke site. Roll-over to 3rd line, 4th line and the VM for the remote site. The calls should also continue to ring at the central site. The resonsing is to try to always get a live person to answer as soon as possible. Here are some gotchas

1) Cannot be a shared line on the 7960. Customer does not want HQ phone to ring at remote sites for No Answer/Busy.

2) No additional hardware. A 7914 could do this by allowing shared lines to be on the 7914 instead of the HQ phone and thus HQ lines would not ring at remote sites.

I have a couple of ideas on how to get this done but wanted to see if the fantastic NetPro community might have a better/easier way to go about it.

Thanks in advance!

Travis

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Multi-site Operator Fallback

Have you investigated setting up a hunt pilot to a line group? After the first line at the remote site RNAs/Busy forwards then have the forward be a hunt pilot for a broadcast line group that rings both the 2nd line at the spoke site and a line at the HQ. The only caveat I can think of is that each individual DN can only be a member of one line group (at least last time I checked!) so you might be to limited depending on the number of spoke sites.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content