Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multidirectory.asp pointing to AD

Hi,

I am trying to setup the multidirectory.asp to point to multiple directories within AD. I'm following the instructions within the SDK and changing below to point to my AD. I am also changing the port to 389 since that is what AD uses. Is there anything else I'm missing??? I have registered the dll to register the com server also. There is no authentication to AD. When I try a search on the phones, I get an XML Error (4) Parse Error.

var dirs = new Array();

dirs[0] = new Directory("Edwardsville Directory", "eville-cm", "ou=users, o=cisco.com", "8404", "cn=Directory Manager, o=cisco.com", "cisco", "");

dirs[1] = new Directory("Richardson Directory", "rcdn-cm", "ou=users, o=cisco.com", "8404", "cn=Directory Manager, o=cisco.com", "cisco", "91");

dirs[2] = new Directory("San Jose Directory", "sjc-cm", "ou=users, o=cisco.com", "8404", "cn=Directory Manager, o=cisco.com", "cisco", "91408");

8 REPLIES

Re: Multidirectory.asp pointing to AD

XML parse error means the XML returned isn't correct (or there's a bug in the phone firmware.. unfortunately it happens). What is the complete reply your phone gets from a request?

XML Error [4]: Parse Error

And that's it. There shouldn't be too much i have to do to get the multidirectory asp to work right?

did you ever get this to work?

Did you? I am trying to do the same thing but no success. The example he gives above should be edited to match the schema of your AD, but still with all that it doesn't work for me.

Can the multidirectory.asp be used to query an AD server for ldap information? The problem is that the example shows it working for CCM clusters, but what if you want to retrieve information from multiple directories within an AD schema? How would you customize the ASP file? I get a http 500 error when I try.

Did you register the LDAP ComServer dll's ? and for the parse issue did you install a valid XML parser on your WebServer?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did register the Comserver dll's. I recently upgraded the WebServer to 2003 Server and now the phone is giving me an "Authorization Required!" error. As for the XML file, I created one in the LocalizedDirectory folder that points to the URL for the localizeddirectory.asp file. In the URL Directories field in CCM enterprise, I have the URL path to the XML file. Any ideas?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content