Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiDirectory on 7912 shows Not Available

Hi,

I am trying to use the 4.1.1 SDK Multidirectory to work with 7912 (fw 8.0.1) phones.

The script works perfectly with 7960's, 7940's and IP Communicator's on the same subnet with the same connectivity as the 7912's. However, on a 7912 it just shows "Not Available" on the LCD screen after you make the directory source selection. There is obviously something that the 7912 doesnt like with the <CiscoIPPhoneInput> tags.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Chris

4 REPLIES

Re: MultiDirectory on 7912 shows Not Available

Christopher,

Did you ever get this to work?? Also on your multidirectory, are you access AD or just CCM's DCD?

Thanks,

Alan

Hi Alan,

No, I am still seeking a solution.

I have configured the Multidirectory to access a couple of Active Directory domains, which works perfectly on 7960s, 7940s and IP Communicators.

Regards

Chris

Hey Alan,

What a difference a sailing vacation makes. I have just got back and fixed it already (well the original issue).

I removed all the logic that builds the tags based on either ALL_DIRECTORIES_PHRASE or dirId and replaced it with just a hard set "Response.Write("<Title>Directory Search");". That resolved the Not Available message.

Now I have noticed that "var entries = dirRoot.selectNodes("DirectoryEntry");" line always returns a NULL on the 7912 but once again works perfectly on all the other handsets.

Regards

Chris

Fixed it!!

I added some debugging outputs and noticed that the 7912 could not pickup the value of the "id" URL parameter. It was getting NaN (or undefined if I converted the result into a string). I therefore renamed the dirID variable to DIRID and replaced the "id" parameter on the URL with DIRID and it worked.

I guess this is why it didnt like the logic.

Many thanks for your help.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content