cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink Fun!

cschueler
Level 1
Level 1

Curious to know why QOS does not work over a multilink bundle? We have implemented (kick my self in the butt for doing so)FlexWan's in our remote sites 6006. Using dedicated T1's from all remote sites we supply a T1 for Data and another for Video. So to utilize the full bandwith we choose to bundle them and for video apply QOS on the lines. To our dismay Cisco does not support QOS on Multilink PPP lines using the FlexWan. So for now we payed in excess of 80,000 for a solution that does not work any better than 2500 routers. In what way can I now give priority for my Video traffic over the T1 to utilize the bandwidth once the Video Call has completed? We are running VTEL systems and our endpoints and a Ezenia MCS and Gateway.

3 Replies 3

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

You should find out from your Cisco design team what options are available to you. It sounds like a significant investment for a design that won’t work. In any case, file an enhancement request through your sales team and through TAC.

Chris

What's the resolution? I'm in the middle of a 300 + site design proposal and I was thinking about MPPP/QOS as a scalable solution for a converged network.

Hank

Hank,

If you feel risky then try it, but Cisco will have no support fo you. To make a long story short they have fired their project manager for the four port FlexWan modules so currently there is no development for the four port. For convienince of having your T's into one chassis and there being less points of failure, great go ahead. What we did in our situation is to apply our own QOS using Dscp values to each line seperately. Their is no way to bundle the T's and use the aggregate bandwidth. I would hope in the future Cisco would address this, but in the short term it seams like a waste of money to me.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: