Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple Calls Over one Phone Line

Hi Guys

I am a little new to cisco products and i was wondering whether it would be possible to be able to make multiple calls over one standard bt phone line so that if somebody is talking on the line then other handset will ring as it would if there was nobody on the line.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Bradley Robinson

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Multiple Calls Over one Phone Line

Do you mean ring the same phone handset or another one? Both are daoble, with CCM 4.1+ you can have up to 250 calls on single extension. Take a look at "Maximum Number of Calls: and "Busy Trigger" fields under DN configuration.

If you want ring another phone then use either shared line appearance or call forward depending on exactly what you want to accomplish.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

What i was looking for was 2 handsets running on the same line able to take 2 or more different calls at the same time.

I am new to the cisco software and hardware but is the solution that you are suggesting a hardware solution or software server based.

Thanks

Brad

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is a simple Shared Line for each handsets.

So for example:

x7300 on handset A

x7300 on handset B

when someone dials 7300, it will ring on both phones. If handset B is on the phone, it will still ring on A and call waiting or second line on B. You can adding more incoming calls. Typically, most phones are limited to 2 incoming lines, kind of like your cell phone with call waiting. But you can add more lines in CallManager to that line to allow up to 250.

hope this helps.

tc

Views
Helpful
Replies