Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

multiple directory handler

We have couple remote offices. Now we use one directory hanlder for all the users. Unity 403 is capable of having multiple directory handlers. If now I want to create multiple directory handlers so that each office has its own, should I just move the corresponed users into their own COS and then change their opening greeting's keymapping to the new directory handler and then change the directory search option to the specofic COS? Anything else should I worry about?

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: multiple directory handler

That's one way to do it - it will certainly work. You can also create public distribution lists that you use to assign subscribers in different offices to - it might be easier than shuffling folks around between COS instances.

You can use the Public Distribution List Builder (get the latest off www.CiscoUnityTools.com) to make DLs based on extension ranges/cos membership, CSV input etc...

either way will work.

Jeff , thanks. The reason I am trying to create different directory handlers is that when people press 0 inside the directory handler, it rings the HQ's operator, obiously we don't want to do this. We want it goes to their own (remote office) operator.Will this(having multiple directory handlers) be the right approch for me?

Thanks

Hi,

Did you ever find an answer to your issue? I am in the same situation, and am looking for fix. Thanks

Patrick

Cisco Employee

Yes, I updated the Audio Text Manager (ATM) to show all four exit points off a name lookup handler so you can get at this. The SA only exposes one exit point but leaves the other 3 at their defaults.

Download the latest ATM off www.CiscoUnityTools.com and edit the exit destinations from there.

Views
Helpful
Replies