Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple DNs over an FXO interface to CallManager

Is there a way to get multiple DNs or extensions to go over a single FXO interface on a gateway to talk to CallManager?

Here's my scenario:

I am setting up a demo ICS7750 connecting to a PBX with 6 FXO interfaces. We are replacing 5 analog phones with IP phones. There are no available T1 ports in the system PBX, otherwise I would have used that as an interconnection.

I have an MRP with 2 FXO ports and I have added a 1760 with 4 more FXO ports for a total of 6 analog lines; both gateways are setup for H.323 and are in a Route Group. The PBX admin has forwarded the 5 extensions across the first line lines and put the lines in a hunt group. In the past, I have used the "connection plar opx extention#" command on voice-ports to forward calls to a particular destination.

Is there a way to create a trunk and accept multiple extensions and just send it to callmanager with the dialed extension?

I have tried using the trunk command, but it requires an extension.

Thanks, Eric

3 REPLIES

Re: Multiple DNs over an FXO interface to CallManager

Hi Eric,

For inbound calls from the PBX, do you want all calls to ring a single IP phone or should each call on each seperate FXO port ring a seperate IP phone?

It sounds like the hunting is done on the PBX side, so this should be transparent to the H.323 gateways. The H.323 configuration on the gateway should allow each incoming call on any of the voice ports to be forwarded to the CallManager with the dialed extension.

Let us know how this goes for you.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for responding. I want calls to ring on the particular IP phone that is being called on whichever analog port it comes from. I guess I really need the PBX to send the last 4-digits of the extension that was dialed. The PBX will roll the number if it is busy to the next line. I don't want to have statically configured extensions on the router, because I want the 4-digit string to be passed to CallManager. When you do a plar opx or connection trunk and specify an extension, I believe it sends the call to that extension that you specify.

In my logic, I kind of want the ability to say "connection trunk dialed-digits". I think I must be missing something. What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks, Eric

I don't know if the PBX is going to forward the CLID out the FXO's to the IPT system. FXO usually receives Caller-ID, FXS creates Caller-ID. You could experiment with setting Caller ID up in the MRP.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content