Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple Domain, Same Forest Installation

I am trying to install Unity 3.12b / Exchange 2k in a unified messaging solution. I am getting a rights error with sql and not being able to use the permissions wizard to assign the writes appropriately. I think I may need to be in AD-Native mode to give the permissions across the domains or am limited to putting unity as a member server only in the top of the tree. Here it goes.<br><br>Domain A = Top of tree, Exchange2k and users, installeraccount.<br><br>Domain B = SQL MSDE, Unity 312b.<br><br>I logged onto DoaminB;admin and installed SQL.<br>I logged onto DomainB using the installeraccount from DomainA. Installed Unity.<br><br>I goto 'configure' the unity and I get an SQL error; "unable to open connection to sql database".<br><br>Is it not possible to setup unified messaging between domains in the same forest or just member servers?<br><br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Multiple Domain, Same Forest Installation

first, I don't think that error has anything to do with your domains. Sounds like the account you're installing Unity with is not a member of the local admins group on that box (you need this to have full read/write access to SQL). You installed SQL with a different account than you installed Unity with so this is possible. Make sure the InstallAccount is a member of local admins (or the admins group in BuiltIn if it's a domain controller itself).

Having your Exchange and Unity server in different domains is, well, odd. Not sure what the motivation for this is but technically it's possible. Be sure you've used the permissions wizard to grant rights on the appropriate AD containers in Domain A in your scenario so you can import users from those containers (we require update rights for this since we write through to the custom properties we add to AD).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content