cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple errors with a single subscriber

chris.mott
Level 1
Level 1

This is a good one ... start off with Unity 3.1.4 (UM) and CCM 3.1.4a ... been running for 6 months OK ... last Friday a single subscriber is having trouble with his VM box ... here are the errors from the Event Viewer :

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AvConvMsg_MC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 10016

Date: 11/19/2002

Time: 10:30:49 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

Transferred to FailSafe conversation while running conversation AvConvSubMsgPlay on Port 1. See the following file for the contents of the Named Properties : C:\CommServer\logs\NPDump_20021119_103049.txt

Event ID: 10010

Description:

[Thread 0x00000BC0] CAvCDEConvBase::Run() error from RunEx() in conversation [AvConvSubMsgPlay] on Device ID [1]

Event ID: 10002

Description:

IAvDohCallHandler::Get(AVP_DTMF_ACCESS_ID) returned [0x8004010f] on line 3445 of file e:\views\cs_ue3.1.3.43\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgPlaySvr\AvConvSubMsgPlay.cpp

Running conversation SubMenu on Port 1

Subscriber Display Name : Richardson, Boss

Subscriber Alias : rrichardson

Running conversation SubNewMsgStack on Port 1

Running conversation AvConvSubMsgPlay on Port 1

Running conversation AvConvSubMsgPlay on Port 1

I have opened a TAC case but wanted other input ... to make matters more fun, this user, rrichardson, was renamed in Unity as Boss Richardson so his name would pop up first on last name searches of the R's ... now the subscriber does not show an extension assigned to him, only to rrichardson, which does not exist (the alias "rrichardson" is assigned to Boss Richardson) ... the DBWalker shows :

Handler Alias=ch_rrichardson

Extension=(error) - Invalid Extension, required for primary call handlers

Of course, this fellow (as you can see by the name assignment) is the CEO of this company, so the IT staff is sweating ...

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The re-name of the subscriber shouldn't have anything to do with the DTMF ID problem, but you never know.

If you were to open DohPropTest.exe and load the CallHandler collection, select ch_rrichardson, and view the AVP_DTMF_ACCESS_ID, you'll probably see that nothing is there.

It might be as simple as inserting the correct value right there.

What does the SA show for DTMF ID for "Boss Richardson"?

What makes me curious is what cause the AVP_DTMF_ACCESS_ID to go away in the first place. Is Unity connected to a E55 or E2K server?

you are correct ... the DTMF_ACCESS_ID is empty, and that is a big problem, as when I go to the SA to the user and try to enter the correct ID, I am given an error message that states that the extension is already being used by "rrichardson", which is of course his alias ... I can still go into Unity and leave him a message, so I know the mail box exists ... the problem showed up when the user tried to save the last message in his mailbox (he dialed in via cel phone to the Unity system) and was unceremoniously dumped out ... I still do not know if the message was indeed saved ... it is Exhange2K, in Native mode, btw ... and the mail box is off-system, on another server within the same AD

This smells like a cross linked handler or the like - I'm betting that the mail user for Boss Richardson is not pointing to the primary call handler ch_rrichardson and/or vice versa. It's hard to guess exactly what happened without getting in and looking around.

If you have dial in access, ping me (along with the TAC info so I can keep the engineering working the case in the loop) at lindborg@cisco.com. It might be something quick and easy to patch up.

Well, Jeff fixed and I watched ... it was not cross linked ch's, but a situation whereby the mailbox ID (the DN for the user, stored as DTMF_ACCESS_ID and as the user's personal CH) is stored in two different locations in the Unity db structure, and one of them had been erased ... how, beyond even Jeff (scary thought), but we added the DN back to the user through DOHPropTest ... no we are waiting for the CEO to dial in and test, but I feel confident ... thanks to JL, the AnswerMonkey !!