Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple hop transfer fails

I did some experimentation on this problem. I watched the 'Call Viewer' on the Unity server. When I tried a call directly (PSTN <called to> DID <xlated to> 1086), the call went into the subscriber voice mail as expected. The Call Viewer showed both the 'Dialed Number' and the 'Forwarding Station' to be the extension (1086) attached to the DID. When I set the call up to go through another PSTN number (Analog phone <calling> Cell Phone <forwarded to> DID <xlated to ext> 1086), the 'Dialed Number' and 'Forwarding Station' showed up as the cell phone number (8583352809), and the call went to the Opening Greeting.<br>Knowing this, How to I tell Unity that a multiple forward is coming from the translated DID vs. the original source?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Multiple hop transfer fails

So is it that 8583352809 is called, 8583352809 forwards to 1086, and 1086 forwards to voice mail? If so, this is basically the way Unity (well, technically the TSP) is currently designed. In the information sent to the Unity port from CCM, there's access to a "called party" and an "original called party". The TSP is going to use original called party for the forwarding number. So if I am thinking about your call flow correctly, as 8583352809 forwards to 1086, 1086 becomes the called party and 8583352809 becomes the original called party.

You could think of it in terms of first redirecting vs. last redirecting and we're going to go off of first redirecting. You should be able to see the same thing if you forward IP phoneA to IP phoneB and forward IP phoneB to Unity. If you call IP phoneA and let it forward through, IP phoneA will show up as the forwarded party.

If my assumption is correct about your call flow, then I'd recommend working with your account team to make a feature request to make the TSP configurable to use the first redirecting or the last redirecting. It's not a bad idea really, this issue has even come up before. There's a few caveats here: 1)it would always work this way, on every call, and 2) if there is a long really multiple call foward, we'll only have access to the first and last redirecting numbers (nothing in between).

If I am totally off about the call flow, let me know.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content