Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple Line Ring - CCM 3.3 and SRST

Greetings,

I already have my CCM and SRST to ring on extension "512" when an incoming call to my FXO is received.

However, I would like to have multiple lines to ring at the same time when a call comes in. When a call comes in through the FXO, i would like extensions 512, 513, 514, and 515 all to ring at the same time, and whatever extension of these 4 that are ringing, can pick up and transfer the incoming call.

I've tried to that on either the CCM or the SRST but with little success (I am using CCM 3.33, IOS 12.3)

Any suggestions ?

Thanx...

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Multiple Line Ring - CCM 3.3 and SRST

CallManager 4.0 supports hunt group with broadcast, ie, ring all members of a hunt group simultaneously.

You cannot do that with CCM 3.3

Thank you for your response.

Assuming I do upgrade to CCM4, and it works, how do I go about doing that when the connection to the Call Manager is down and phones are working via SRST ?

Thanx...

Note: Have you upgraded to CCM4 ? Did it go smoothly or do I have to set aside a week for trobleshooting the consequential errors ?

Silver

SRST v3.1 which is the latest doesn't give me any commands to do the broadcast ring. It will not be possible in SRST mode.

You can however simulate something like a pilot point which will ring one extension and then the other if the first one is busy, using "alias" command -- in SRST mode. You will not be able to ring different extensions at the same time.

i'll look into the alias. it is a shame though that it is neither supported in CCM 3.3 or SRST. Not all offices have one fixed receptionist to answer the calls. We do need several extensions to ring at the same time. I wonder if CCM 4 is costly in terms of $ and in terms of time to backup, upgrade, and test.

Thanx...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content