Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple Operators in CM 3.14b

We have configured a translation pattern of 0 to point to an AC Pilot point, so that users dial 0 to get to reception desk. We are just about to expand our current setup to a new building linked via fibre to the existing CM install. The new building will be on the same voice and data VLAN's as existing building.

The new build will have a separate reception and we want to provide the same dial 0 functionality to the new building, but pointing to the new reception for the users in the new building.

i.e

Building 1 dials 0 translates to AC PP 1640

Building 2 dials 0 translates to AC PP 1500

We have configured a new AC pilot point, but are unsure of the best way to configure the translation. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

David

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Multiple Operators in CM 3.14b

Through the creative use of partitions and calling search spaces you should be able to accomplish what you want. Here is a simple example based on the info you supplied.

Put all devices in Building 1 in partition called bldg1pt and all devices in Building 2 in partition bldg2pt.

Create a calling search space called bldg1css and assign the partitions in this order:

bldg1pt

bldg2pt

Create another calling search spce called bldg2css and assign the partitions in this order:

bldg2pt

bldg1pt

Create a translation pattern for the operator in Building 1 and assign it to the bldg1pt and bldg1css. Do the same with a translation pattern for Building 2 and assign is to the bldg2pt and bldg2css.

Any device/line that has a css of bldg2css will call the operator in Building 2 when dialing 0 and visa versa for Building 1. If for some reason the phone for the operator in Building 2 is offline then the Building 2 devices will call the Building 1 operator.

Kevin

Thanks for the reply. I failed to mention in my previous post that we already have the following CSS & Partions setup for restricting calls to national and international numbers:

Partions:

Internal - Lobby Phones

national - General Users Phones

International - Managers Phones

CSS:

CSS 1 - Contains Internal P

CSS 2 - Contains Internal and national P's

CSS 3 - Contains Internal, national and International P's + Gateway

Dial patterns are configured for the different call types (i.e. national, mobile, etc.) and are allocated to the relivant partion/CSS.

Can this still be achieved if we split the exisitng partions into two (i.e. internalbldg1 & internalbldg2, etc..) to maintain the Call restrictions and allocating these to CSS's? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again

David

Cisco Employee

Here is an example of what I meant in my previous post. I will assume the use of CSS 2.

Translation Pattern = 0

Partition = internalbldg1

CSS = CSS 2

Translation Pattern = 0

Partition = internalbldg2

CSS = CSS 2

AC PP = 1640

Partition = national

CSS = CSS 2

AC PP = 1500

Partition = national

CSS = CSS 4

CSS 2

internalbldg1

internalbldg2

internal

national

CSS 4 <<

internalbldg2

internalbldg1

internal

national

Bldg1 phone

Partition = national

CSS = CSS 2

Bldg2 phone

Partition = national

CSS = CSS 4

When a phone in Bldg1 dials 0, it will use CSS 2 which is translate to 1640. If the Bldg1 operator is offline then it will translate to 1500 and call the Bldg2 operator. The remaining CSS configuration remains the same. For Bldg2 you will need to create a new set of CSS's that will look the same as the Bldg1 CSS's except for the order of the translation pattern partitions.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies