Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

multiple ringing

I have a cisco call manager that i have set a directory number to call foward busy to next number.. i have that number set to roll to a third directory number all on a 7960. the rolling down works fine...the problem i have is that i have put the original directory number on 2 other phones (7940) in which used to ring every time the main directory number rang....now all of a sudden this ringing does not work...even though the programming still looks right...it seems to be a system wide problem...thanks in advance

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: multiple ringing

So now you have a shared line, that you did not have before. If this shared line is forwarded it will NOT wing on any other shared line. Sounds like it is working as designed.

Mike

Re: multiple ringing

There is something in a shared line (if you have noticed) - whatever you have on one line, the same things are there on the other shared lines (hence the name - shared line)

In your case, when you set call forward all on one shared line, this thing gets replicated on all the other lines as well. So, when a call comes in for those shared lines, they do not ring - they go to the phone to which you have forwarded on one of the shared lines.

It is working as designed. In case of any questions, please let me know.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content