Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple Unity questions

I have a few questions about Unity 3.0x?<br><br>I have unity 3.03 running as a member server in the AD with Exchange2K. There are 9 other exchange servers running 5.5 and Exchange2k. Some subscribers have Exchange2K mailstores, some 5.5, and some on the Exchange2K store on the Unity server itself. For the most part, everything is working fine.<br><br>That said... My questions are...<br><br>I want to change the name of the server. What ramifications does this pose (other than name resolution)?<br>Will I have to reinstall?<br><br>I am upgrading from the TTS3000 speach engine to the RealSpeak. I have the new license key but other posts have led me to believe there is more than running the upgrade license utility involved. What will I need to do to upgrade this engine?<br><br>I have an issue where my system prompts are played at a much lower volume than user recorded greetings and messages. For instance, when I call the opening greeting, which is user recorded, the volume is fine. But when the system says "Please wait while I transfer your call" it is at a much lower volume. It is lower both from an IP phone as well as through the gateway and is on all "system prompts" I am padding out the gateway to help eleviate echo which only makes the problem mildly more noticeable thru the gateway. What are my options for increasing the volume of only the "system prompts" or will have have to push up the volume in the TSP?<br><br>And finally... If a users mailbox has exceeded the storage limit set by the administrator, will the next message be taken? If so will it be stored in the UMR and can it be retrieved via the TUI?<br><br>Sorry for such a long post. I will individualize these as separate posts if needed.<br><br>Thanks! <br><br><br>

1 REPLY

Re: Multiple Unity questions

I will try and answer a couple of questions -
1) TTS upgrade. You will need to run Unity setup again. There are things to be installed when moving TTS engines that are taken care of in the Unity setup.
2) When a subscriber's mailbox is full, messages are taken, but they will not be stored in the UMR. They will be considered undeliverable and will be sent to the Unaddressed messages DL.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content