Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

multiple unity's

we have 1 Unity server integrating with one call manager. We are about to add a second unity server for another site(unified messaging). Do we just add the additional Uone ports to the call manager for the 2nd site? Also can we differeniate the ports according to sites , i.e can we name them as we wish or do we have to follow the default port name generated.<br><br>thanks in advance.<br><br>JS<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: multiple unity's

Sounds like two Unity server's on the same CallManager cluster? If so, might want to watch out for the "Messages" button. Which Unity will it call when they hit it? I think there are some TAC folks that know how to get around this one, I'll let them chime in if that is the case.

You should be able to add more uOne ports, and if you want, you can change the name...no problem. Just make sure the names on CallManager and the TSP config match up.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Gold

To get the 'messages' button working you need to setup a translation pattern that will translate the dialed number to the directory number of the first Unity port. Put that translating pattern in the same partition as the phone.

So for example if my messages key dials 2000 and my new Unity ports are going to start at 3000 then I need a translation pattern that translate 2000 to 3000.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

In order for this to work, you are going to have to setup Calling Search Spaces and Partitions in CallManager. I suggest reading over this page a few times to learn what these are:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/part_css_tn.html

Basically, you are going to have to seperate your users so that when a user that uses UnityA dials the pilot number, it connects to UnityA. When a user that uses UnityB dials the same pilot number, it connects to UnityB.

-Dustin

Views
Helpful
Replies