cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Unity servers in One CallManager Cluster

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am installing a voice network with two CallManagers running 3.12c in a cluster and I have two servers available for use as Unity servers. Since the simple failover is so 'simple' I would prefer to use the two server's independantly, one in each location. Is this supported? I realize this isn't a CallManager forum, but.....How will CallManager view the two servers? Just as additional U1 ports?<br><br>Thanks!!!<br><br>Adam W. Moore<br>CCNP, CCDA, MCP

9 Replies 9

Not applicable

CallManager won't care. People do this all the time. You'll have to get a bit tricky to the the "messages" button to point to two different Unity servers. That issue has been discussed here frequently. Try this forum's search mechanism.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Thanks much for the response. I did search the forum prior to posting my question. I will search again, but if possible I would appreciate being pointed to the right notes.

Thanks!!!!

Adam W. Moore
CCNP, CCDA, MCP

Again, for the record this gets much easier in CallManager 3.2 with the new voicemail profiles.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

I found the information you refered to. As I understand the post, I am to create separate calling search spaces and/or separate partitions for the phone users needing access to each Unity box. I then translate one of the numbers using a translation pattern, and then both sets of users should be able to access their own Unity box? Please confirm.

Thanks!!!

Adam W. Moore
CCNP, CCDA, MCP

Not applicable

Yeah, use the translation pattern for the CSS containing the the Unity system where it's first port DN doesn't really match where the "messages" button points to.

Here's a link...

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=Unity3x&Number=7245&page=&view=&sb=&vc=1#Post7245

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

OK, I guess I am all kinds of confused. I now have two Unty 2.4.6 systems running in a single CallManager 3.12c cluster. Now noone can get to their voicemail. The CallManager system is setup to dial 3000 for voice mail. I have 16 U1 ports setup (8 in one calling search space, 8 in another calling search space), each starting with 3000 rolling to 3007. Do I need to change one set of ports to a different range of numbers (i.e. 4000-4007)? If so, I assume this would be the U1 ports that would need a translation pattern? Please help, getting desperate.

Thanks!!!

Adam W. Moore
CCNP, CCDA, MCP

Not applicable

>>Do I need to change one set of ports to a different range of numbers (i.e. 4000-4007)?

Yes.

>>If so, I assume this would be the U1 ports that would need a translation pattern?

Kind of. You're not really making a translation pattern for the ports. You're making a translation pattern for the messages key, so 3000 would translate to 4000.

I'd first get the ports set up so that one set is in the 3000 range and the other set is in the 4000 range. Call those DNs directly without the use of the messages key. If it works, then start on translating the messages key for the users that will access the VM with the starting DN of 4000.

If you are getting desparate, open a TAC case.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Also make sure you assign the phones a Calling Search Space that can 'see' the appropriate Unity ports.

Have you read this page yet?

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/part_css_tn.html

Trust me, it helps.

-Dustin

Not applicable

Gentlemen, I finally got it working. I think it was a combination of problems withing the calling search spaces, partions, etc. Everything is now separated and working with the tranlsation of 4000 to 3000 in one css and just using 3000 in the other css. I appreciate the help!!!

Thanks!!!

Adam W. Moore
CCNP, CCDA, MCP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: