Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

Multiple VLANS and Trunking

Although i have a 3com, I have a cisco IP Phone. I have the IP Phone connected to the 3com swithport using a hybrid port. It's a tagged member of vlan3 (voice net) and an untagged member of vlan1(native data)

The ip phone gets the right DHCP address for vlan3 ( 10.x.x.x ) but the laptop connected to the ip phone gets the IP for vlan 3 as well.

I want the laptop to get the IP of the native vlan ( 192.168.x.x)

what would the port setup need to be ? does it need to be a trunk ? i have the PVID of the port set to vlan3, this allows the IP phone to get its DHCP address.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

The 3com OS is very similar to the latest of CISCO IOS'.

so explain wtih syntax and i'm sure the 3com can relate.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Multiple VLANS and Trunking

You can try and add the following commands to the switchport if they are not already present.

switchport access vlan 1

switchport trunk native vlan 1

Since you are using vlan 1 for your native vlan you may not need these commands but it's worth a try.

Re: Multiple VLANS and Trunking

Thanks for your reply.

firstly -- do you know if what i want to accomplish is feasible ?

IP phone belonging to one vlan with own IP and PC connected to IP phone getting a different IP from the same DHCP Server which belongs in the native vlan ?

The port is setup asa hybrid port and a tagged memeber of vlan 3 and an untagged memeber of vlan 1

If i make it an access port belonging to to only vlan 1, wouldn't just give me the IP from the native vlan ?

Views
Helpful
Replies