cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiuser-one phone in Directory Listing

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

I have a phone that is used by three different people.<br>For example: Joe Blow, Mike Smith, Jim Green<br>The phone extension is 4232<br>Is there a way that in Directory listing, configure a scenario that if the dialer checks for any of these guys By Last Name(Note letters are B, S, G), Unity says extension 4232. <br>Any help is appreciated.<br>Thanx<br><br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
6 Replies 6

Not applicable

No, the directory uses the DTMF_ID of the mail user to voice out the extension when that option is turned on for the Directory Handler and each user has to have a unique DTMF_ID (this is also the ID they sign in with).

If you didn't want to voice the extension out, you could create subscriber accounts for the other two folks and have them point at the main mailbox they are all using (I'm asuming they're sharing a mailbox?). This way folks can find them in the directory and still get the right mailbox... however the extension voiced out will be different for each user if you choose to enable that option.

There's no way to have multiple accounts share the same ID at this point.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

Hey Jeff, I was reading this posting and it made me wonder about something my boss wanted to do....

He wants to have 2 separate extensions (subscribers) have they're messages sent to one Exchange Mailbox. How do I go about doing that? In looking at the Add Subscriber screen, I don't see how you point that Unity Subscriber to the mailbox you want.

Not applicable

There's no way via the Unity SA to have us route messages for two different subscriber to the same mailbox. You have a couple of options here depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

If you don't really need two subscribers but just want to have calls that go to two different numbers end up taking messages for the same box, you can use a call handler for the 2nd number and have the recipient setup as the first subscriber. Or you can just have the call handler forward all calls to the greeting of the subscriber.

If you really want two seperate mailboxes for some reason, you could set up two subscribers in Unity you can go to one of their Exchange mailboxes in the Exchange admin and have it forward/copy all messages to the 2nd box back over to the first one. I suppose you could go wild and have them both copy messages to each other and create some weird "meta mailbox" but that's pretty weird. Not sure why you'd want to do that...

Can you tell me what you guys are trying to accomplish with the two lines?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

My boss has his extension for normal use....then he wants this other extension to be used when there is maintenance going on with our systems, and he would use that extension as a hotline leaving a message with the status of things. The person calling in to check the status of things could
leave a message if need be, and it would get forwarded to my
boss' mailbox.

Not applicable

I'm kinda slow today (trying to cut back on the coffee). I'm not sure I'm understanding this.

how is this hotline number going to work, exactly? If the systems are down, this line/mailbox will be down as well. Unless I'm missing the point? Why can't he use his normal mailbox for this? Are you guys trying to home another box on another server in the hopes that it will be up when the other Exchange serves are down?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

This would be a hotline for when other systems other than Unity & Exchange are down.

He just doesn't want people calling his number....not my decision on this one!!! :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: