Views
Helpful
Replies

Music on hold in CCM 3.11(a)

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

The set up of of CCM is as follows.

CCM--6000---3660--pix--pix--2600----pstn.

In this setup we are able to get music on hold between the ipphones .But there is no music when a pstn user is put on hold.

There is a IPsec tunnel b/w the two pixs.

As I see in the cisco site ,it says we won't have music on hold for the PSTN users as it is a bug .To fix this bug we need to upgrade the ios on 2600 ( cureent ios is 12.1(5)yd5).But as far as I know the only IOS that supports SRST is this.

So is there any solution for this .

Can I have both SRST and MOH.

Thanks,

9 Replies 9

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

12.1(5)yd5 is suppose to have the fix for CSCdv43814. This is the bug I think you are are talking about. One thing I want to make sure is that you are not doing multicast MOH since there are no gateways that support this at this time. Another test would be if you have a phone between the pix and the 2600. If you put that phone on hold does he get MOH that would rule out the pix as the culprit or you could place a call to the pstn with that phone and the pstn call on hold and see if they get MOH.

Let me know what you find,

-Mckee

I am talking about the following bug.

Bug id-cscdv63433.

Thanks.

Please let me know what you think.

I am sorry .

The correct version of Call manager.

3.1(3a).

Thanks

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Music on Hold is a supplement service. Check the "Media Termination Point Required" Box on the Gateway Configuration on the CallManager.

If this not helps you can try it with 12.2(2)XT.

Hope this helps.

Mehmet

But with 12.2(2)XT I will not have SRST functions which I need.

Thanks.

12.2(2)XT has full SRST functionality. Please use 12.2(2)XT1 if going down that path. MOH should be supported with the exception of multicast. So:

1. No multicasting (unicast streams only)

2. Check the MTP required flag

3. If still in pain, look at your pix as recommended above.

You can use the Media Termination required box on the gateway and this should solve the problem. Just keep in mind that means all the rtp streams will not be from the gateway to the phone they will be from the gateway to the software mtp on the ccm and from the software mtp on the ccm to the IP phone. Most of the time this is not a problem but if you start experiencing voice quality issues then you will want to take this off.

Thank you,

-Mckee

12.2.8T is released a few days ago, and as far as I know, supports both SRST and ITS

Bets regards,

Bruno

This release definitely supports SRST and as for MOH, it is also supported, with the exception of multicast MOH streams. So you should be in good shape if you're using unicast streams.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: