Views
Helpful
Replies

Music On Hold Server

m-constantine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer who would like MOH to be a live feed from a radio station. This I gather is possible by putting a sound card in the Call Manager. Problem is that they want different streams (sometimes more than one) at remote sites. I know that you can get Call Manager to register multiple music on hold resources, but I am not sure what sort of platform this needs to be. Would a standard windows 2000 server PC do the trick or does it need to be one of the MCS class servers?

Any suggestions appreciated,

thanks!

Mike

3 Replies 3

j.ayres
Level 1
Level 1

MoH requires the IP Voice Media Streaming application - as far as I can tell this will only install on an approved server. Also, I seem to remember that sound cards were only supported in the 7835 and not the 7825! Search the Release Notes for Soundblaster!

Justin

From the MOH FAQ :

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/moh_faq_5215.html

Q. What sound cards can be used with the Music on Hold server?

A. The MCS servers do not ship with sound cards. If you choose to use a sound card, you will have to purchase it separately. Cisco has tested the Sound Blaster PCI 16 sound card and recommends it for use with the Cisco MCS 7835 and MCS 7835-1000. The Cisco MCS7825-800 requires a PCI 2.2 card; therefore, no recommended or supported sound card exists for this server model.

Marc

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

You can setup a dedicated MOH server, but it needs to be a Cisco Approved Server from the approved hardware list. You then need to build the server as a CCM Subscriber with the IP Media Streaming service installed.

Currently, you can only have a single live MOH stream per Cluster.

Tim Medley, CCNP+Voice, CCDP, CWNA

Sr. Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: