cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

music on hold

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know an easy way to turn moh off ?

Client has moh the sample audio source enabled on all devices, now wants to turn it off.

Tried to change the sample audio source to none but system wouldn't allow it.

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could also simply remove the audio sources from the MOH directory.

Or go to control center in CCM and shut down the MOH servers.

Or set the run flag to no in the MOH settings(I haven't tried that but it would seem logical)

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

Rob,

you can goto the device pool, and set MOH for none.

Geoff

Geoff

if the phone line has an audio source & the device pool doesn't, which takes precedence ? I thought it is the phone line.

Thanks

Rob

Rob,

yes you are correct the line takes precedence. are you still having problems?

geoff

I believe this is the MOH precedence:

1. System

2. Device Pool

3. Gateway

4. Set

5. Lin on set

I have it listed as:

device

line

device pool

service parameter

question is, can it be disabled without having to go into every device and removing it. Would deleting the moh servers work or would that cause any problems?

Rob

deleting anything in ccm causes problems! it is kind of finiky. You could disable the MOH server serice in services.

Geoff

how do you do that?

I only see the default source in the cm service parameters & you cna't delete it.

thanks

Rob

Rob,

Go into Windows 2k services and stop Cisco MOH audio translator.

Geoff

You could also simply remove the audio sources from the MOH directory.

Or go to control center in CCM and shut down the MOH servers.

Or set the run flag to no in the MOH settings(I haven't tried that but it would seem logical)

Thanks guys.

setting the run flag to no did the trick.

thanks again

Rob

I can vouch that noone gets the MOH if the MOH service is crashed/stopped. You might want to download the Bulk Automation Tool (BAT) tool. It lets you query either lines or phones based on a number of things. With this query you can change settings en masse.

For example, last week I added a different MOH (much better than the dreary sample funeral dirge music). I changed 140 phones and 180 line appearances in about 5 minutes.

-Chris

Of course, if you wanted to change that more quickly, you could have done it at the Device Pool level, or if you wanted to change it for the entire system, change the DefaultUserHoldMOHAudioSourceID and DefaultNetworkHoldMOHAudioSourceID service parameters, which are cluster-wide.

Dave:

Correct me if I'm wrong,but changing to none at the device pool level wil not have any effect if every device has a moh source assigned.

Also, the default audio source can not be changed to none. It needs an entry.

Rob