Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

must I use gatekeeper?

I have three callmanager clusters,is it necessary that I setup a GK to connect the clusters together?If not,what is the solution ?

Since GK is H.323 supported ,and the cisco callmanager will has more functionality in the future ,will the H.323 GK be sunset or be replaced by other tools ?

If the GK is necessary ,which platform and IOS version should I use ?Are all the platforms that support the feature -"INT VOICE/VIDEO GK, IPIP GW, TDMIP GW" able to be configured into a GK ? Thanks.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: must I use gatekeeper?

You are absolutely correct in ragards to GK being more scalable. So, your option is to either configure full mesh ISTs, or add a GK to connect the clusters. With only 3 clusters, there are only 2 route patterns per cluster to other clusters, but as the number of clusters grow N-1 number of route patterns might get difficult to maintain, and poiting all patterns to GK will be definitely be easier. There is no other choice.

Chris

4 REPLIES

You can use CallManager Intercluster Trunk found under Device->Trunk, which allows you to point to another cluster, you can specify 3 IP addresses of remote cluster. Then simply create a route pattern and assign this ICT to it. You can also include it in route group.

Chris

cderen,thanks.

If we use the intercluster trunk(without GK ) ,every cluster must setup several trunks and route patterns to each other clusters ,it is not convenient to maintain the dialplans .If there are more than three clusters ,the centralized control of dialplan is the best choice ,right ?And is the H.323 GK the only and best choice ?

You are absolutely correct in ragards to GK being more scalable. So, your option is to either configure full mesh ISTs, or add a GK to connect the clusters. With only 3 clusters, there are only 2 route patterns per cluster to other clusters, but as the number of clusters grow N-1 number of route patterns might get difficult to maintain, and poiting all patterns to GK will be definitely be easier. There is no other choice.

Chris

Ok ,I see .Thanks a lot.

Views
Helpful
Replies