cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MW LIGHTS ON CALLMANAGER

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I'M NOT ABLE TO GET THE UNITY TO SET MW LIGHTS ON THE CALLMANAGER. I HAVE SET UP THE MW PORT IN THE CALLMANAGER AND THE ALSO THE MW CODES. I HAVE INSURED THAT THE UNITY HAS THE SAME MW CODES AS CALLMANAGER BUT STILL I HAVE NO LIGHTS. I CAN SET THE LIGHTS BY DIALING THE CODES ON THE PHONES. ANY INSITE WOULD BE A GREAT HELP.<br><br>REGARDS,<br>CHRIS HORN<br>MATRIX NETWORKING GROUP<br>CHORN@MATRIXNETWORKING.NET<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Chris,

In the SA, view the subscriber record and click on the messages link. Verify that the "Use MWI for message notification" check box is selected.

Also, the MWI requests can be viewed within the StatusMonitor.exe utility. Launch the utility from the C:\Commserver\Techtools directory. Initiate monitors for the MWI ports and place a check in the "Display" box. You will be able to view the activity when Unity initiates a MWI request.

Mark Dombroski
Systems Engineer
Active Voice Corporation

Not applicable

Check your Call Manager Partition and Calling Search Space permissions on the uOne ports that Unity is assigned.

If the Calling Search Space does not include a partition assignment that allows for internal DN calling the Call Manager will not allow Unity to dial lamp codes successfully. (Unity will hear a busy signal)

You will see the Unity dialing the lamp code on the Status Monitor and most likely you will be able to light the lamp from the phone set. (The uOne port may have a different Calling Search Space setting than the phone set)

Not applicable

If you are still having this problem, make sure you don't have a route pattern that includes your MWI Lights. For Example, don't have 9999 turn on or off your lights, and have a route pattern for 9XXXXXX.

Not applicable

you may want to try dialing that mw code from the ip phone to see if the mwi light turns off and on with the appropriate codes. This is if you have the new CP7960 IP phones with a "skinny" integration with Unity 2.4 and Cisco Call Manager 3.0(2d) and later.