cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI and Bulk Import

adam.farrell
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if any one has had experience with a problem I am having on my Unity 3.15 system. When ever I use the Bulk Import tool to load users (250 in the last load) there mailboxes look to be set up fine, but there MWI does not work. I have run the DBWalker tool and Looked through the DOHPropTest tool. I can not seem to find a link between those that work and those that don't. I have created a new subscriber template from scratch and imported new users, but this has not helped. the only way I can fix the problem is to remove the users from Unity and recreate them individually. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You shouldn't have to do anything so drastic as removing the users and reimporting them I wouldn't think - I highly doubt this is a database issue. It sounds like maybe the bulk import tool isn't properly "kicking" the notifier component to load the new users into the list of folks it's monitoring for inbox changes for MWI/Notification actions.

If you import a user and then go force an MWI refresh for that user from their SA page, do notifications then start working for that user? This _should_ force the notifier to add them to the list of folks it's watching...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You shouldn't have to do anything so drastic as removing the users and reimporting them I wouldn't think - I highly doubt this is a database issue. It sounds like maybe the bulk import tool isn't properly "kicking" the notifier component to load the new users into the list of folks it's monitoring for inbox changes for MWI/Notification actions.

If you import a user and then go force an MWI refresh for that user from their SA page, do notifications then start working for that user? This _should_ force the notifier to add them to the list of folks it's watching...

Thanks Jeff.

That seems to have worked. Do you think this is something that you might be able to add to your Directory Walker program. over the next 2 months I have 1500 users to add. I would hate to have to visit each user and refresh the MWI.

Actually, if this is Exchange 5.5 you can use the BulkSubscriber logout tool for this (it has the option to log everyone back into the notifier as well).

If not, and this is 4.0(1) or later you can simply bounce the AvMsgstoreMonitor service in the SCM which should force the notifier to log back into everyone's mailbox.

I actually though about this as I walked away from my machine. I should be able to set Unity to force a MWI refresh at night, and this would save me from visiting every user.

btw. my system is a 3.15 with Exchange 2000 off box